Friday, February 9, 2007

Does this mean I'm always happy or always unhappy?

When I'm asleep in bed, and the alarm goes off, I don't want to wake up.
Once I wake up, I don't want to get out of bed.
When I'm out of bed and in the shower, I don't want to get out of the shower.
When I'm ready to leave for work, I don't want to leave my family.
When it's the end of the day at work, and I'm the only one still here, it's hard for me to leave.
Once I leave, I can't wait to get home to see my family.
Once I'm home, and have been around the little kids for too long, I can't wait til they're in bed.
When they're in bed, and the time is mine, I don't want to go to bed.
Once I go to sleep...

1 comment:

k8fh said...

I've been asking myself that very question about that exact phenomenon at least once a day for about 15 years.

I've finally decided to go with the positive view: you love every aspect of your life; your only unhappiness stemming from the knowledge that you can't have all your Present(s) be present simultaneously.