Friday, July 11, 2008

Don't read this, Dad!

I like to learn the meaning of a new word as much as the next guy, but there are some words, like one I saw in the New York Times this morning, that I just don't need to learn. So I'm going to start a list of words that I just don't want cluttering up my head, lest it force me to forget important things, like the name of the only Phillies pitcher to wear sunglasses while he pitched (Lowell Palmer, duh!) :

- solipsism
- rubicon
- Machiavellian
- epistemological (see k8's comment) Any other suggestions?!

3 comments:

k8fh said...

...now, would you be talking about metaphysical, epistemological, or methodological solipsism?

k8fh said...

...and can we even say that Lowell Palmer really exists?

Michael P. Rellahan said...

I think any word with "pis" in it is worth remembering. But that's just me.