Friday, January 30, 2009

Come to think of it, I didn't know anyone named Bunny the first 40 years either

Our friend Bunny Trowbridge recently sent me this email about an upcoming weekend where I have a conflict between my 35th (!) high school reunion (being held primarily at our house), a Land Trust Conference that I would like to go to and a Springsteen concert:

"WOW, all that energy in your direction…there must be some type of harmonic convergence that weekend. I’d say you’re in for a great weekend however you look at it! That will be a time to be fully “aware”, because something is happening."

First let me say that for the first 40 or so years of my life there was almost no chance of anyone sending me an email that said those things, but second, I find myself not wanting any harmonic convergences or "somethings" to happen in my life, and I don't know if it's because I'm getting old or because I like my life exactly how it is, thank you, and don't need "something" to happen!

And that is also not something I would have said to myself the first 40 or so years of my life, when I often found myself singing from West Side Story "Something's coming, I don't know, what it is, but it is, gonna be greaaaaat!"

(And I was right about that, by the way...tho it sure took long enough!)

1 comment:

k8fh said...

Tho the chances of that were further narrowed cause in the first 30 or so years of your life, there was not much chance of anyone sending you an email about anything!