Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Only after we had that out of the way did we have time to discuss the merits of bilateral nuclear disarmament

I can quickly think of three things that I thought happened to me alone that friends of mine have, in the course of conversation, told me have happened to them them as well:

1 - Walked into a room and forgotten why they came in.
2 - Taken a shower and half way into it, forgotten whether or not they had washed their hair yet. (So sad.)
3 - (This is my favorite) Drinking a cup of coffee over the course of a morning, but being aware, without even thinking of it, that you still have one last swallow of coffee left in your mug, and if someone were to find your mug and empty it to put it in the dishwasher, you get this terribly empty feeling, like you just said goodbye to a close friend, whom you won't see again for a long, long time...well, at least until your next cup of coffee.

2 comments:

k8fh said...

bingo - all 3.

Anonymous said...

2. The worst for me is washing my hair with shampoo, then going to wash it with conditioner and washing it with shampoo again. I've also shaved only one leg before.

3. Last week I made myself a cup of coffee to take to school (in the portable coffee mug cheryl gave me, btw) and got halfway there and realized the coffee was sitting on my kitchen counter. It made me so angry that I told O'neal 'I suck at life.'

-becca jane