Thursday, April 26, 2007

But only because we don't have Nixon to kick around anymore

After many years of too much time spent reading newspapers, with a particular fascination with baseball and politics, I've discovered that all the ills of the world can be blamed on one of these factors:

- el nino
- steroids
- climate change
- partisan politics
- the war on terror
- Bill Clinton, though this could soon change to Hillary, in the unlikely event she is elected...or even nominated for that matter
- the designated hitter

So next time you need an excuse for something, feel free to consult this list. For instance, just yesterday when Cheryl let me have it for forgetting to screw the toothpaste top back on, I simply blamed partisan politics and she didn't seem so upset anymore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so does that mean that the bees are on steroids? well, that would explain the DH...

k8fh said...

I, for one, blame everything on George Bush… well, and garden gnomes. …In fact, I was reading a study that showed a clear correlation between the increase in teen violence and the recent proliferation of garden gnomes. I wish America would wake up that we have got a real problem here!

Michael P. Rellahan said...

I go with .... Satan