Monday, March 3, 2008

See?

I wish this were an original thought. Well, come to think of it, it was by someone, though not by me, but I like it so much , I don't want to forget it:

Can you see farther in the daylight or at night?

And now, I have literally sat here for about 5 mimutes waiting as if to give you enough time to think about it. And maybe, though I suspect you've guessed that the easy answer - daytime - is wrong, I can help you get the right answer by illustrating the reason why that's wrong, with this: Put a flashlight up in your face about 6 inches from your eyes and turn it on. Can you see anything behind it?

Of course you can see farther at night - look up in the sky tonight and tell me what you see.

1 comment:

k8fh said...

It's so funny; every time I hear this (which has been more than once, and more than once from you; after all, it is really cool), I get hung up on it. I know the answer is 'night', but I always assume that it's an existential question about whether ease or difficulty in life eventually brings more clarity. Tho I guess the answer could be the same, either way.