Thursday, May 24, 2007

Come again?

My friend Mike, whose blog can be found at http://www.michaelpcolumns.blogspot.com/, recently referred to a store in Exton called Purvis Indian Market, so, wondering where it is, I googled “Purvis” and “Exton” and this was one of the top Google results:

"Social Neuroendocrinology
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobatcontact would be more conclusive. Masturbation-induced orgasm also leads to in-. creased T in heterosexual women (Exton et al. 1999) and men (Purvis et al. ... "

This raises so many questions in my mind (as opposed to my left kneecap) it's going to take everything I have (well, maybe not everything) not to look into it, but it does make me wonder what "T" is and whether it's a good thing, and if so, why only for heterosexers?

I also wonder how they explained to the participants exactly what it was they intended to measure and how they needed to go about compiling the uh, raw data.

2 comments:

k8fh said...

...the 'raw' data?! Hmm.

-Your question reminds me also of the asparagus research quandary; is it that some people's pee smells and some doesn't? Or is it that everyone's stinks and some people can smell it and others can't? -Although I think, if given the choice (or, I mean, if forced to choose, of course) that I'd prefer to take part in the neuroendocrinology (I think you made that word up!) research.

Dx said...

You wondered what "T" was. Here are some suggestions, all, I think, linked to the subject matter.

Trouble when caught in public.
Tenacity when the mood isn't right.
Tedium when it's the only option.
Task when entirely on your own.
Tourniquet? Won't evn go there.