Friday, May 4, 2007

Except when you're taking care of little kids - that's legit!

Funny how often we say we haven't had time to do something:

"We really want to have you guys over but we've just been so busy."
"I've been trying to get that stuff to you, but I just haven't had time."

But I realized that the same people saying that, myself included, have also had time to watch any number of random TV shows, or cut their grass or go to a ballgame.

So what we/they're really saying is "We really want to have you guys over, but there are just so many other things we'd RATHER do."

1 comment:

k8fh said...

Oh no! What if you don't have kids?! Crap. But wait, how about rodent infestations? Would that work? ...I really wanted to have you over, but these damn mice... and I'd _just_ baked that loaf of bread too... ah, shit. Sorry, looks like we'll have to reschedule.