Thursday, August 9, 2007

Interconnectedness

Serious post here - I sort of don't know what I'm saying here except that I'm going to try to explain a phenomenon that I call Interconnectedness. Maybe someone else called it that first or maybe it's a really bad name for it, but it's the one I came up with to try to describe it. The easiest way to explain it is through the example we've all experienced where you hear a word for the first time or maybe a Band or a place and even though you're sure you've never heard it b4 in your life, you then hear it like 3-4 times in the next week or two.

Actually, that's the weakest example. I'll try to define it better without an example. I only feel the need to write about it, because it's something that happens to me with alarming frequency. Some people would just call it coincidence, and maybe it is, but it's eerie sometimes.

It usually involves a thought I have - maybe a person I think about for the first time in a long time, or a place I want to go to, or a concern I have...and then out of nowhere, something more tangible happens that speaks to my thought, in some cases as if a prayer is answered, tho in most cases, it would be insulting to God (and you know how sensitive he or she is!) to think he got involved in something so silly.

I write about it here, because I'm going to start posting some of the examples of when it happens to me, even the really little ones. Sometimes it happens 2-3 times a day, sometimes, I'll go a week or more without it happening, but I want to starting writing some of them down, and this seemed like the place.

I'll give it the label at the bottom so they can be grouped.

No comments: